Friday, April 20, 2012

Clean Water for Haiti!

Clean water is commonplace for most Americans.


In Haiti, however, waterborne diseases are a serious concern - especially for children. One report indicates 16% of the deaths of children under five were "directly related to waterborne diseases, before the earthquake" (International Action, n.d.). Since the October 2010 cholera outbreak in Haiti, nearly 400,000 cases have been reported...with over 5,000 deaths.


The Hispaniola Mountain Ministry (organizing the trip I'll be going on in June) celebrated with the people of Anse-a-Pitre as they inaugurated a new well system for the village. Our group will be working in this village in June.

This video brings tears to my eyes. 
What if we got this excited about the blessings God gives us each day? 

If you listen closely (toward the end), you can hear "Mississippi" and there's a great looking maroon shirt in some of the shots (HAIL STATE!).

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ Matthew 25:35-36

No comments:

Post a Comment