Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Why Noonday? Why now?

To say that I have gotten some funny looks over the last few weeks as I've shared my excitement about becoming a Noonday Collection ambassador might be an understatement. There's not a lot of room on my plate, so to speak, and I know people are thinking, "Why in the world would you take on one more thing?"

In short - it's because of the world. 

We're only here for a little while (thank goodness!) and I was blessed to have been born in one of the wealthiest and most influential nations in the world. Why shouldn't I use my resources (time, energy, money and social capital) to help those without access to resources to help themselves? Noonday Collection is empowering entire communities by creating jobs for skilled artisans and providing training unskilled artisans. I can help from Smalltown, USA not only by selling the Noonday Collection products, but by sharing these artisans' stories in hopes of motivating others to be more mindful and deliberate in their purchases.

So, no. I don't have time but I am choosing to make time because I believe in the good Noonday is doing. And, quite simply, we are commanded to help others (Matthew 25:40).

Yes, it does take time away from my own family. However, many of the artisans Noonday supports have been on the brink of putting children in orphanages because they simply could not provide for them. So if I can spend a few hours a week at a trunk show to help keep families together, then I think the sacrifice will be worth it.

If you've been one of the 'funny looks' people or had those thoughts, it's ok. I understand and admit there have been moments of "What am I doing!?" But I hope as you learn more about Noonday, you'll want to become part of the story. Purchase a product (or two!) Maybe host a trunk show? Who knows, maybe you'll even decide to join the amazing ladies (and one brave man!) who make up the Noonday Collection team!

You can purchase directly from the Noonday Collection site or you can attend a trunk show in your area - or host one yourself and receive FREE products!


"...when you satisfy the needs of the oppressed, your night will become like the noonday." Isaiah 58:10

No comments:

Post a Comment