Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I've lost my mind...

I'm committing. I wish it was to something super fantastic like saving for a vacation home in the Bahamas, or even for my boys' college education...but it's not. To most people, it will sound absolutely absurd and utterly ridiculous.

I'm paying someone else money so I can run 26.2 miles. Seriously.

December 3, 2011 - that's 142 days away for those watching the ticker - in Memphis to raise money for and awareness about St. Jude's. Could there be a greater cause? I think not. But I could just write them a check and be done...right?

Regardless, I am hoping all the 26.2 veterans will provide some encouragement and advice along the way. I'm going to need it, especially until this miserable Mississippi heat starts to give way to the cooler temps of fall.

Stay tuned...and wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. I hate to break the news to you, but you added 100 days along the way. It's 142 days away.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! I look forward to following your journey to 26.2. Such a super cause!

    (sorry, but we have a LONG wait for cooler temps)

    ReplyDelete