Monday, August 1, 2011

Training is "Officially" Underway

Last week was "unofficially" week 2 of marathon training. I logged just over 20 miles and gained 3 pounds. Uh. I'm confused. I'm eating like a horse, yes, but I'm burning crazy numbers of calories (in comparison to pre-training burn, of course). Not going to worry about the number on the scale, just the number of miles. Right?

So, today marks the "official" start of the training - it is Week 1 Day 1 of the training plan I'm using. I still have (MANY) moments when I think, "What ARE you thinking?" Those usually start around mile 3 when my body starts protesting the 100% humidity sucking the life right out of me! 

I have already tackled today's run. It was a steady 4.25 miles (9:42 pace) with some pretty good hills. Left the house around 6 a.m. and several times thought, "I could still be asleep. You're an idiot." But now that the day is rolling, I'm glad it's done, and I'm looking forward to pushing the distance a little further tomorrow (Of course, that means rolling out of bed earlier. Ugh!).

All that to say, I'm on track (I know, it's Day 1, but cut me some slack!), but still having sanity-doubting moments! 123 days to race day...

2 comments:

  1. Nice way to kick off Week 2. This time of year it's easy to question what you're doing, and that's why many people don't even get to the start line. Keep going!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the double post... nice way to "officially" kick off training. I totally read that first sentence wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete