Thursday, May 10, 2012

One month!

In one month, I'll be in Haiti!

When I think about all the things in the pages of my calendar between now and then, I get a little anxious. Who could imagine that a trip to Haiti, one of the most destitute and broken places in the world, would be the light at the end of anyone's tunnel? 

God is revealing Himself in every aspect of this trip as it draws nearer. From the amazing prayer partners who have committed to pray for the team, for my family, and for me to the overwhelming financial contributions I have received to help cover the expenses, God continues to confirm this is His time for my trip and that He is preparing the way for me. 

Last week, I was feeling especially anxious about leaving my sweet boys for the week. Doubts about their well-being, my safety and a million other things began to crowd my mind and take my focus off the purpose of the trip...even began to make me doubt this was the time. I sat down to do my devotion and these were the verses for the day....

9 I took you from the ends of the earth,
from its farthest corners I called you.
I said, 'You are my servant': 
I have chosen you and have not rejected you.
10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:9-10

Wow. Just wow. I had not even stopped to confess my worry and give it to Him yet...and He took it without me asking.

Counting down and praising Him for Haiti...

No comments:

Post a Comment