Saturday, June 9, 2012

Last Post: Next stop - HAITI

This is it! I can't believe it's finally here! Tonight, my journey into Haiti will begin at 12:30 a.m. when I drive to Columbus to catch the bus to the airport. We'll drive to Atlanta and fly out Sunday morning arriving in Santo Domingo Sunday afternoon. By Monday morning, I will be IN Haiti! Praising the Lord for the amazing journey to this country...

I packed my suitcase last night (except for a few things...that I still need to wash!) and it was so surreal. The best part was tucking all those little happies safely in and thinking about those sweet faces. And let me just add, it was quite liberating to pack for a week and NOT have make-up or hair products (again, remember that when you're looking at the pictures!).

I am confident that this trip is truly God ordained and covered in prayer. I cannot wait to share the amazing love of Jesus Christ with the Haitian people whom I have prayed for earnestly over these last few years. I covet your prayers for the team, the people of Haiti, and also for my three boys at home. 

I'll be back soon!!

9 I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. 
I said, 'You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. 
10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
 I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 

Isaiah 41: 9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment