As our departure gets closer, it's time for me to make "the list." I started trying and found myself marking through a lot of things that would normally put on it...most noticeably - MAKE UP and the mountain of hair products I normally take on a trip (I have really uncooperative hair!).
Who needs all that in Haiti, right?
Here's a peek at what I have so far...
1. CAMERA. Enough said, but do see above (no makeup/hair products) when viewing pictures.
2. Sunscreen. Wondering if one bottle will be enough...
3. Bug spray. Also wondering if one bottle will be enough...
4. Work clothes & shoes. Oh, and a hat...or two.
Yep. I think that's about it. This should be easy, right?
Today's prayer requests:
1. The children of Anse-a-Pitres, Haiti. Pray we can be hope and love to them...so that they know they are loved and cared for, not only by this team but also by The One who created them.
2. The leadership of Anse-a-Pitres, Haiti. Pray they will be good stewards of the help being provided for their community and move it toward a better future. Ask God to give them His eyes for the people under their care so that they may make wise decisions.