Thursday, March 10, 2011

My New Running Partner?

So, my husband is a recent "graduate" of the Couch to 5K plan. I've offered to run with him the entire time he's been training and he has declined. But I'm pretty good at wearing him down (i.e. nagging until he gives in!) and...

He finally caved!!

We ran 3.2 miles (9:34 pace) together yesterday after the boys were off to school and I, personally, loved it! Still don't think he was all that excited about running with me, but he did it anyway. 

I am so proud of him for sticking through the program and next week, we are headed to get him some new running shoes. I think this purchase alone will make his running more enjoyable! He'll be signing up for his first 5K race in April; and he even mentioned needing another stroller so we could do races and running  with the boys (maybe he DID enjoy it!!). I suggested a double stroller...that he could push, of course.

So, that's my big running news (so far) for the week!

Note: A longer post to follow about my one-year running "anniversary" when I finish grading this stack of papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment