Tuesday, February 1, 2011

More Water, Less Dr. Pepper Wrap-up

The more-water-less-Dr. Pepper challenge officially ended yesterday. I would love to report it was a smashing success and my plan to "ween" myself from Dr. Pepper was well on its way. Unfortunately, I got a little off-track after the Frostbite 1/2 marathon.

There were only a couple of days when I drank a Dr. Pepper after my 2 p.m. "curfew," but my water intake declined drastically - in fact, there were some days I doubt I even drank 20 ounces of water. I really can't explain it and I'm frustrated with myself for going backwards; I was doing so well. In fact, going into that weekend, there were several days I only had one Dr. Pepper. And then in my I-just-ran-a-half-marathon-so-I-can-eat-whatever-I-want phase, I got off track. Ugh.

Tomorrow is a new day and February is a new month. I will do this...

2 comments:

  1. I've been down that road several times and it's always tough to get back on track. I've gotten into the habit in the past couple of months of filling my water bottle as soon as I get to my desk at work - it's probably about 20 ounces. I drink that within 30 minutes. It seems to set the tone for the day. On days that I don't do that, I'm craving something stupid by 10 a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct, it is a new day. You can do it, and so can I! Let's keep it going for Feb. Thanks to you, I was able to get back on track with my water intake. I want to keep it going, and I want company along the way.

    ReplyDelete