So, today is my birthday - my 35th birthday, but who's counting at this point, right? I decided to do a Top 10 things I would like to tell a younger me. Here goes:
10. Ordering pizza and eating Waffle House at 2 a.m. will eventually catch up with you. Go to bed and study during "normal" hours, college girl.
9. The tan you're rocking is great, but in a few years, you'll be wishing you had all that money you spent on the "unlimited" tanning packages back and instead, had spent it on sunscreen.
8. "I'm-pregnant-so-I-can-eat-whatever-I-want" for nine months (times two!) is not going to work out like you are hoping. Put down the doughnut holes and go for a walk.
7. One day, you will appreciate being carded. Enjoy it while it lasts, sister!
6. Not eating vegetables because your mom wants you to is NOT a sign of rebellion. You're just being stupid. Eat up and your body will thank you for it.
5. Putting off exercise for a few hours is oftentimes ok. Putting off exercise for 15 years is not. Get up and get moving.
4. All those boys you think are "the one" and that you're trying so hard to impress are not and you're wasting a lot of time and energy. Boys are gross - at any age.
3. Your parents are right about most things. You should stop being such a jerk to them and actually listen to their advice. It might save you some heartache, stubborn.
2. The t-shirt you got for signing up for a credit card will be one of the most expensive "free gifts" you've ever received. Walk on by the cute boy at the table and laugh at his sign because it says "Free Gift" - and that's redundant.
1. Most of the things that you are stressing about right now, you won't even be able to remember in 15 years. Chill out.
There you have it! Happy 35th birthday to me - and 65th to my dad! He says I'm the most expensive present he's ever gotten. I like to say - I'm his gift that just keeps on giving!