Wednesday, January 12, 2011

UPDATE: More Water - Less Dr. Pepper

It's day five of my "More-Water-Less-Dr.-Pepper" challenge and I'm still alive...and so are all those around me. I'm not going to lie - it's been rough, but I've gotten all 64 ounces down every day and have not had even a drink of Dr. Pepper after 2 p.m. I'm a little embarrassed at the level of my caffeine addiction as I really had no idea how much I was drinking until now or really how dependent I am on it to...well, function. I'm battling a pretty intense headache, but that just makes for a good "excuse" to go to bed earlier. I'm finding other substitutions (Crystal Light) when I get to the point I just can't drink another class of water.

I have two tweeps (@Ginny26_2 who blogs at Happy Feet26-2 and @JennRunsChi) who've joined me in the challenge and the accountability has been great! I really appreciate them checking on me and posting their progress reports. Jenn even found a great app to help track water consumption from Florida Hospital.

So, if you've taken part in the challenge and haven't let me know, keep going! There's just 19 more days left until February 1. If you haven't committed, jump on board! The more the merrier!

1 comment:

  1. I don't drink pop, never really had, but I am enjoying reading about your adventure. Good luck! I think you are doing a great thing (and a very hard thing too!) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete